Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My 15 seconds of fame have stretched a little bit further...

About a week ago, I received a phone message from Lily at CBC Radio Podcasting asking me if I'd like to participate on an upcoming episode of the CBC Radio 2 Great Canadian Song Quest Podcast!

I sent her an email back saying "...the answer is, of course, an unequivocal yes!"

A couple days later, I received a response from Lily asking if I'd be interested in hosting the Podcast, as she thought it would be fun to have a "listener takeover".

After jumping up and down for about 5 minutes, squealing, and nearly dying of excitement, I typed my response... which basically went something like this:

"I wish you could have seen my reaction when I read your email - picture a kid opening the best present EVER at Christmas, and that comes close. I didn't think this experience could get better than the opportunity to talk to the wonderful Tom Allen on the radio... or Waskada winning the contest! But I may have been mistaken - this would be yet another dream come true for me!"

So Lily wrote an awesome script based on a bunch of the stuff from the blog... and we recorded on Saturday morning (such a cool experience!)... and now the Podcast is available for your listening pleasure here!

I want to thank CBC Radio 2 yet again for this incredible opportunity, and special thanks to Lily at CBC Radio Podcasting for coming up with this idea that meant so much to me, writing the wonderful script, and for being so sweet to me through this process.

What a dream come true! I am just so incredibly grateful for this experience and there are many people to thank... the most important of all being all of you who supported Waskada, voted for Waskada, passed the word on to others to vote for Waskada... you are the ones that made this all happen and I just am so thankful!

My favourite little spot in the world won the contest! And we are going to get a song! Hurrah!

November 23 is coming up quickly now...

Bryna
xo

No comments: