Friday, October 23, 2009

This will be my last post before the contest closes at midnight tonight... I have been enjoying this experience so very much. Thanks to CBC again for this contest and for bringing attention to all these great places across this big country and these incredible artists.


My mom was telling me yesterday that 'this contest has made me more aware of canadian places, artists, and CBC Radio 2... I'm glad about that'. I couldn't agree more.

As of this morning, standings were released, and Waskada is amazingly still in first place! Besides saying one more really, really big thank you to all of you who have supported us in this quest... I am going to leave you with a bunch of pictures of Waskada. This is the sweet little place you are voting for... a place where the skies are big and beautiful, where the wheat fields stretch for miles, where there are no traffic lights. A place of quiet, a place of peace... a tight-knit community, a place where the community works so hard to keep the spirit of this small town alive.


If I've convinced you... give us one final vote!




















2 comments:

Prairie Girl Studio said...

supporting you til the very last moment bee!
you are so right, this has been an incredible experience all 'round ... my thanks, too to CBC ...
come visit, if you can and see how proud i am of you and everyone supporting 'the little town that could'!
http://prairiegirlstudio.blogspot.com

prairiegirl xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Congrats waskada - i had to roll out a new pc for our mexico plant so i got an extra vote in for you. when is the party? maybe our winnipeg plant needs an audit and I can "swing" by. Go prairiegirl, go waskada - hey I heard the real estate value of that house on your towns website (real estate page) just doubled.